Friday, July 8, 2011

Willie Nelson's Country Peach Cobbler



Well, there is no better time to start this adventure then on a FRIDAY. I decided that I was going to stop at the grocery store on my way to work to pick my first flavor. But first let me tell you how my Friday’s go down. Every Friday I go to my dads work and have coffee with him before I start my day. Here is the problem, how to keep the ice cream frozen? So I called my dad to make sure he had a freezer….SCORE!

I walked into the store around 7:40am and found my way, naturally mind you, to the ice cream isle. So there I am, standing in front of the Ben & Jerry’s section and I took a look up and down the isle and realized that I am the only fool standing in the ice cream isle that early in the morning. It felt so good, I didn’t have any annoying people/kids in my zone as I was trying to decide on which flavor to embark on.
So as I was in my trance I realized that I had no clue where to start…logically I would do the list alphabetically because I am neurotic that way. But all off a sudden this face appeared to me, he looked like Jesus and I knew that was the flavor. As I got closer his face became more clear and Jesus turned into Willie Nelson…. it was a sign from above. How could I not start this journey with any other American Icon then Willie Nelson himself?

Willie Nelson’s Country Peach Cobbler Verdict:

My biggest concern was the whole idea that you have cobbler with ice cream, usually warm while the ice cream melts down the sides. Now that the cobbler and ice cream were mixed I was afraid the flavor and enjoyment would be gone. I was W-R-O-N-G! Oh my, I was completely shocked when I had the creamy peachy flavor burst in my mouth. One of my favorite parts is the crust crumble, and miraculously I can taste what my taste buds are telling me are the crumbles. It’s so light and refreshing, and on a hot summer day like today it was great.

I knew Willie wouldn’t let me down.

Score:

2 comments:

c1brat said...

My dearest Nephew, Have I told you lately that you're my favorite? Just as Ben and Jerry have many flavors to experience, I have many unique and wonderful family members to experience and love.I am so very proud of you and your outlook on life and am looking forward to the upcoming installments of your blog. You get an A from your Zia on this critique of "Peach Keen", Hugs, Zia Shawn.

Kimberly said...

I'm totally going to try this. We will be fat together...