Friday, March 16, 2012

New York Super Fudge Chunk


I am back to my old stunts again this week. I bought 8 pints this past week. They were on sale and I couldn’t pass up a good deal when it occurred. I grabbed my hand basket and walked straight to the freezer section. I literally stood there and took a census of the flavors and contemplated on the ones I needed to get. I was once again looked upon like I was crazy when I piled 8 different cartons of ice cream on the conveyer belt. He already thought I was crazy, so I asked: can you not bag those yet; I want to take a picture.

New York Super Fudge Chunk Verdict:

I’ve never been to New York, so I don’t have knowledge on that city except of what I’ve heard from friends. Honestly didn’t think I would have a memory for this flavor. But once I took the first bite the flashing started. It tasted JUST like Rocky Road, minus the marshmallow. Growing up (and to this day) I didn’t like rocky road, well I thought I didn’t like rocky road. I would always pass on ice cream when my family, full on rocky road lovers would have this flavor. I boycotted it like children boycott broccoli, spinach and Brussels sprouts. I am and always have been a Cookie N’ Cream kind of guy. Damn, I’ve been missing out on what I thought I didn’t like.

Chocolate Ice Cream with White & Dark Fudge Chunks, Pecans, Walnuts & Fudge-Covered Almonds

To all odds, I very much so enjoyed this flavor. I knew what Rocky Road tasted like, because I knew what I didn’t like. And look, I proved myself WRONG! The fudge chunks were perfect. I especially enjoyed the white fudge chunks….yummy. And the pecans, walnuts & fudge-covered almonds were a great combination. Not one component of the ingredients over powered the other. It was a mix that I honestly thought was going to be too much, but like the flavor, it proved me wrong. I do enjoy a good surprise from time to time.

And to my readers who thought I would gain weight during this process, I’ve lost 3.5 inches off my waist in the last three months. SO SUCK IT!

Score:


No comments: