Friday, July 27, 2012

Raspberry Fudge Chunk


Yes, I am giving the Greek selection another shot! Not that I had too much of a choice, they are flavors, and I must try them all. While standing and reviewing what options I had to choose from I looked upon the “Greek” selection and thought, what the hell, might as well get them over with. Thankfully there are only four. After this, I will be half way done.

Raspberry Fudge Chunk Verdict:

When it comes to raspberries I don’t really have a defining memory of the flavor. But I do have a favorite yogurt flavor and you guessed it, raspberry! So, as long as I can remember I always searched for that flavor when stocking the refrigerator. And of course, it has to be Yoplait.

Raspberry Greek Frozen Yogurt with Fudge Chunks

YAY! That was my first reaction when I took my first bite. After the disaster of the first Greek flavor I was VERY hesitant to the remainder of this selection from Ben & Jerry’s. Ben and Jerry are known for going over board from time to time with the ingredients in their pints, which sometimes are a success and others, a failure. I am glad that they took the approach of simplicity. I have said it many times before, sometimes the simple things in life are the best. This flavor is perfect! The taste of the sweet raspberry flavor with the mix of the bitterness of the chocolate chunks is superb. Do note I said CHUNKS! They didn’t skimp on that part. I don’t always like their chunks, but this time I do.

What I like most is that I can completely see myself enjoying a scoop or two of this flavor while sitting on the deck on a cool summers evening. Ben & Jerry, you have redeemed yourself with this flavor. I know there are two more flavors in this series. Please don’t let me down, again! I don’t know how long the Greek flavors will be out there, so if you don’t want to miss out on a great pint, go get is now!

Score:


No comments: