Friday, October 28, 2011

Imagine Whirled Peace


Made the journey to the outside freezer once again this week to pick our flavor. I had my 11 month-old nephew with me to help. He was no help at all; he just looked at me like I was crazy. I know what he was thinking…. It’s 7am, why are you in the freezer looking at ice cream? Even though he completely judged me I still love him.

Imagine Whirled Peace Verdict:

Sadly this flavor doesn’t spark ANY type of memory for me. I didn’t grow up listening to the Beatles, so their music isn’t part of my childhood. I grew up on good ole country music. But I have to give Ben & Jerry’s and the creative team an A+ on the name resemblance of whirled and world.

Caramel & Sweet Cream Ice Creams Swirled with Fudge Peace Signs & Toffee Cookie Pieces

So the last two weeks theme has been, simplicity. Well this flavor is simple all right. It’s so simple that I think they forgot to put as much attention into the ingredients as they did with the name. This shows that sometimes you need more than packaging and a great idea to have a good flavor. The mixture of it all seemed promising, minus the peace signs. I just couldn’t figure out where they would come into play. And my suspicions were correct; they never really came into play properly. Everything with this flavor choice was mediocre. I am going to blame my nephew on the bad flavor, after all he was sending me those bad vibes when I was selecting.

On the up side of it all…we discovered there is a designed message on the inside of the carton. That gives my family incentive to finish the pint once I take it home tonight. Oh and Michelle, I didn’t blame you either. You’re moving on up.

Score:

No comments: