Friday, December 2, 2011

Crème Brulee


Well, this morning was the first morning in two months that I had to actually go pick out a new flavor. I was told that I needed to pick a good flavor from Veronica (aka my design executive, and Friend) Well let’s just put it this way…. She is going to be picking the flavor next week.

Crème Brulee Verdict:

One of the memories that resurface when I think Crème Brulee is from my Zia Nice. I just remember the first time I had it she made it. Was it the actually first time? I couldn’t tell you. But my first memory is hers. And all I can say is MMMMMM good.

Sweet Custard Ice Cream with a Caramelized Sugar Swirl

My biggest concern was…how are they going to account for the sugary top that makes Crème Brulee, Crème Brulee? And my concerns were put to the test with the first bite. I am still trying to figure out why they called it Crème Brulee and not Flan. The “caramel sugar swirl” was absent for the most part except when you got a small piece every once in a while. Do I think this was Crème Brulee? NO! Do I think it was Flan? YES! So when you do taste this don’t expect that explosion you get when you bite into a freshly torched Crème Brulee. But I wouldn’t discount the flavor as a whole. Was it sweet? Yes, but I like the sweetness.

I feel they needed to take a better approach on attacking the caramelized sugar swirl that should have been spread throughout the ice cream. Even thought I dislike the flavor for the name, I actually did enjoy this flavor for once again being FLAN. I just couldn’t think of anything else when I ate it. Another highlight was that it was SOOO smooth when I scooped it. It was like butter. And we all know how I like to have scoop friendly ice cream.

Over all I would say, give this a try. Just don’t expect Crème Brulee. This flavor wasn’t a complete bust, just not what I had expected.

Score:

No comments: