Friday, July 20, 2012

Key Lime Pie


When new flavors come out I am usually on top of it. This time I didn’t see this one coming. When I was scoping through the freezer section I came across this NEW flavor. Let me restate that, limited batch flavor. Since it was the first time I heard/seen the pint I had to pick it up.

Key Lime Pie Verdict:

Normally this is the section where I go down memory lane with the flavor of the week. Well, I have no memories that revolve around Key Lime ANYTHING. I am not a big fan of key lime, so I tend to stay away from it all together.

Lime Ice Cream with a Tangy Lime Twist, Fluffy Meringue Swirl & Pie Crust Swirls

From the previous paragraph you know I am not a fan of this flavor. But, I am going to try and not be bias against my distain for key lime and review this from the aspect of objectiveness. So here we go.

The flavoring in this pint is overwhelming! It’s tangy, twisty and fluffy. The lime is not too over powering and the meringue; well that’s the sweet spot. The more you let the ice cream melt the more meringue texture it becomes. I am not saying I will be searching this pint out again, but the true victory in the trio is hands down the Fluffy Meringue Swirl. The Pie Crust Swirls again were a perfect kick it needed. And we all know that I love my pie crust in a majority of the flavors they have been in so far. I am rating this from a non-bias point of view and allowing room for others and their preferences. Yes, I can think of others from time to time.

Score:

No comments: