Friday, October 14, 2011

Oatmeal Cookie Chunk


his weeks flavor sat in the freezer at work since last Friday because I found that flavor we won’t talk about EVER again at the grocery store on my way to work. And thank God it was still there when I opened the freezer today. If you know our office, you know sweets are found in no time and devoured even quicker.

Oatmeal Cookie Chunk Verdict:

Growing up my mom would always make homemade cookies…chocolate chip, oatmeal and many more. My mom makes amazing oatmeal cookies and I love them. MHHMMM good. We still have the same cookie jar that we have always had for as long as I can remember. When cookies were made, my dad would come home from work and crab a cup of milk and eat the cookies directly from the cookie jar. Coming home to a house after school that smelt like cinnamon from oatmeal cookies baking in the oven was a highlight of my youth. Okay, coming home to the house smelling AMAZINGLY was the highlight of my youth and current age. It’s one of the MANY memories that I have growing up.

Sweet Cream Cinnamon Ice Cream with Chunks of Oatmeal Cookies and Fudge

When they say simplicity is the best at times…. this flavor is the perfect example of that saying. Nothing about this flavor is overwhelming in my opinion, perfect combination of everything. When I took the first bite it truly tasked like I was eating an oatmeal cookie. But do make sure you get a piece of all the incidents to fully enjoy the taste that I am trying to describe. This flavor isn’t the best of flavors, or the worst of flavors. It’s the perfect medium to what I would call a perfect evening. It’s that calming flavor that reminds you that you don’t always have to be all balls to the wall or the hermit on a Friday night.

Score:

No comments: