Friday, September 30, 2011

Dublin Mudslide


This week was like Christmas in September. I went to the store and walked out with EIGHT different pints of ice cream. I want to do a post a day, but I will contain myself. Due to security measures at my house, I had to send a mass text out to ALL my family members. And it read; Dear Family…just a warning. There are a lot of Ben and Jerry’s ice creams in the outside freezer. They AREN’T yours…DON’T eat them. You can take our milk…. But don’t touch my ice cream. Thanks. Love you all.

Dublin Mudslide Verdict:

FIND THIS FLAOVR AND GET IT! Disclaimer: I may be drunk…just saying.

Irish Cream Liqueur Ice Cream with Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies & a Coffee Fudge Swirl.

If my memory serves me correctly, this will be the third flavor that I LOVE! First was Willie Nelson Country Peach Cobbler, Second was Half Baked and this marks the third. When I first opened the container I instantly smelt the Liqueur…and luckily the bad memory of soaked pastries didn’t rush to my memory. A more pleasing memory came to mind after the initial introduction.

In my teenage years one of my best friends at the time, and to this day Kristina, mom made homemade Kahlua. After a long week, because life was so difficult back then, we would go over to her house and have vanilla bean ice cream covered with Kahlua. Well sometimes covered and other times drizzled; it all depended on who put it together. I still enjoy going over for the same treat.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Cookies-N-Cream with a kick. I have to say that it’s the perfect mix of everything in the description. Not one flavor stands out too much over the other…It’s the perfect marriage between Liqueur, cookies and coffee fudge. If you aren’t a fan of Kahlua, I would stay clear. But the Irish know what they are doing, and this tribute from Ben & Jerry’s was a homerun.

Side note…I am not drunk, but I was hoping I would be. It would have been the first time I was drunk at work…Hung over, not so much. But I was told from Veronica some great words of advice at work; you can come to work hung over, just don’t come drunk.

Score:

No comments: