Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Americone Dream & Fair Goodness Cake


This week brings us our FIRST ever Double Scoop Friday. It consists of two flavors in one sitting. I have to say, this may have been one of my best ideas so far. And after a week like this week, a double scoop Friday was well needed. But I will make a confession, when I was picking the Americone Dream out from the freezer section; I kind of dropped some on the floor. It was like a dominos affect. But I put them all back where they belonged. …Or just on shelves, I was in a rush.

Americone Dream Verdict:

This is the infamous flavor that started this ENTIRE journey. When in Vermont in June, we stopped at the Ben & Jerry’s plant on our way back to Boston. It was raining, cold and I was still recovering from the night before after consuming my own personal size bottle of Jack. I went with my cousins, Kim, Andrew, Michelle, Scott (whom some how didn’t get tagged in our check in at the plant) and Ashley. We toured the plant and the grounds. We even got to see the cemetery of flavors that have gone onto a better place. After we toured the plant we got a free sample, and this was the flavor they had that day. I couldn’t of asked for any better of a pit stop with some of my crazy family. Mind you, I had just met ALL these folks the day prior at a family wedding. Kim I met a few days prior when she picked me up at the airport.

Vanilla Ice Cream with a Caramel Swirl & Fudge Waffle Cone Pieces

So I am kind of cheating on this because I already knew this flavor rocked. Everything about this flavor was a grand slam. The caramel swirls were perfect…and the fudge cover waffle pieces were a great side. It’s simple, just go get this and you will enjoy it. This flavor also has a VERY sentimental place in my heart because this is where we all bonded with one another…. Okay, maybe it was the Jack the night before, but this is a great second.

The biggest argument with this flavor comes from Jimmy Fallon who has a flavor called Late Night Snack. And if you have followed me from the start, you know we have already tasted and reviewed that flavor. Jimmy’s rival created this flavor, Stephen Colbert. My note to Jimmy: You can suck a waffle cone.


Fair Goodness Cake Verdict:

I picked this flavor because it was a limited batch, and because it was one of Roni’s top 5 picks. I don’t like German Chocolate Cake, never have and don’t think I ever will. But I have no option but keep on going through the list.

Chocolate Ice Cream with German Chocolate Cake Pieces & a Coconut Caramel Swirl

Surprisingly this flavor was an enjoyable one. The positives of this flavor were; the cake pieces. I have to say they were moist and added a little substance to the ice cream. Another plus was the Coconut Carmel Swirl. I am picky when it comes to coconut because sometimes it can be over powering. The coconut was perfectly placed with the caramel, and was a perfect attribute to what is usually coated on the actually German Chocolate Cake. Maybe the coconut on the actually cake is what I don’t like. Well I guess I will have to try a slice sometime in the future to figure it out.

Overall I was VERY pleased with both selections this week. But then again, I already knew what Americone Dream tasted like. And yes, I know it is Monday and not Friday when I posted this. But give me a break. Life happens.

This weeks scoring is an accumulative of both flavors. I believe they both deserve top marks this week.

Score:

No comments: