Friday, January 6, 2012

Red Velvet Cake


This morning I realized I could be like a hooker…. I literally have a flavor of the week, every week. But at least Ben & Jerry are WAY less complicated than any man I know. And taste way better….

Red Velvet Cake Verdict:

The first time I remember having red velvet cake was a few years ago at my friend’s sisters wedding. The moment I had it I was HOOKED! Then my other friend Roni started making red velvet ding-dongs…. OMG is all I can say. So FREAKING amazing. Followed by the red velvet pizzookie at BJ’s now. Ok, so I stalk red velvet cake…get over it.

Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream with Red Velvet Cake Pieces & a Cream Cheese Frosting Swirl

So I was honestly anticipating this flavor for the last week…. I think I was expecting more than they had to offer. The cake batter part of the ice cream over took the entire flavor. I love cake batter ice cream and all, but I was hoping for more of the red velvet flavor to kick in. But to give them credit I did taste EVERY part of the description they gave on the carton in every bite. The red velvet pieces were placed evenly through the ice cream and the cream cheese frosting swirl was pretty damn dominant in each bite as well. Even though I enjoyed this pint, I won’t be jumping on it like I would a piece of red velvet cake. Oh, and the ice cream scooped sooooo smoothly. We all know how I like ice cream that scoops nicely.

Now where are my real red velvet cakes?????

Score:

No comments: