Friday, August 5, 2011

Pistachio Pistachio



Well this week marks a special week in the office world at work because it marks our managers ump something birthday. The only stipulation with the flavor this week was that it COULDN’T include chocolate. She doesn’t eat chocolate. So I had a flavor in mind and handed over the list of flavors to my co-worker to choose the flavor of the week. And go figure, the flavor I had picked she picked too. SWEET!

Pistachio Pistachio Verdict:

I have been anticipating this flavor because I fell in love with the pistachio flavor when I was 14 and went to Italy for the first time. I realize that NOTHING compares to pistachio gelato, but I always love trying to find something that comes close. My addiction is luckily limited due to the lack of gelato creameries in Southern California. If there were I would be in BIG trouble, because when I was there a few years ago we had no issues have gelato multiple times a day. And yes, I would always include a scoop of pistachio on the pile of goodness. I think I need to make a trip to Italy just for it now. And we completely know where the gelato creamery is in Roma…. right down the alley from the Trevi Fountain. If you are ever in the area it is called Blue Ice.

Starting this week I am going to include the description on the carton because a few weeks back when I did Karamel Sultra, I mistakenly stated it was vanilla ice cream, when in fact it was caramel flavored…. My bad.

Pistachio Ice Cream with Lightly Roasted Pistachios…. I was sold at lightly toasted nuts. With the first bite I was in heaven, and wanted more. The mixture of the pistachios, which were full and not chopped, was great. I wanted more, but the more I ate the more overwhelming the pistachios came. I luckily only had a regular size scoop of it this week. I am not discounting the flavor because the nutty flavor was a tad much, I would actually like to try it with a mix of vanilla. I think the mix would calm the nutty taste and be a great compliment for my pallet. Hell, I will even just eat the pistachio flavored ice ream without the pistachios. It was so good. Will I be having this again, yes! I love pistachios, so I will be returning to this again.

Upon final review, it doesn’t come close to pistachio gelato, but it’s a good find for the need to fill that void. My heart still belongs to the gelato version. It has had a hold of my heart since I was 14 and hasn’t let go yet. I love you pistachio gelato, and we will meet again.

Score:


No comments: