Friday, August 26, 2011

Half Baked...



This morning was one of those mornings where I thought to myself…you know what, this is going to be a great day. I know, how giddy. So there I am standing in the checkout stand and the guy in front of me is asking about getting cash back. I heard $120.00, and thought he must have some good plans for tonight. Then after he gets his money back I hear the change machine drop change…I was a little confused… the cashier then preceded to hand him a dollar. This fool wanted a $1.20 back in cash. I was just speechless and dumbfounded. Now it’s my time to check out and the teller tells me, you’re the first to buy ice cream this early in the morning…. It was 7:20am and it was ice cream, not alcohol. I could have a worse addiction.

Half Baked Verdict:

Thinking back about the incident at the checkout stand, and eating this ice cream, I don’t think I was the only one “half baked” this morning.

Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams with Fudge Brownies & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Half Baked puts a twist on the traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough…Well I love the new twist of an outdated combination. I enjoyed CCCD, but I will officially be divorcing the “old” and be adapting to the new version of a classic. And I am not going to lie; I favor brownies in a lot of different desserts, and it’s necessary to include brownies with a name of Half Baked. And the cookie dough, it ACTUALLY tastes like the cookie dough that I use to eat out of the bowl when my mom made homemade cookies.

Once again, I find myself praising a great flavor. The one thing I have to say about Ben & Jerry’s is that they don’t skimp on any incidents. When they say brownies, they mean BROWNIES, and when they say cookie dough, they put chunks of cookie dough in there. After having ice cream that includes good-sized portions of incidents, I may never go back to that crap that makes you salvage through the ice cream looking for any form of chunks. This carton may find itself in my freezer when I am in times of need and stress.

Oh and before I forget…. this carton may NOT make it home tonight. I am not making any promises to my family members who wait patiently for me to bring home my newest flavor.

Score:


1 comment:

Sandy said...

Cool blogs Jason! I love this idea. Next time I see a Ben and Jerry's that I am contemplating trying, I'm gonna check your blog to see if it is worthy! Half Baked is my favorite that I have tried so far of all the Ben and Jerry's.