Friday, December 23, 2011

Peanut Brittle


This week I entered the grocery store from the opposite side of the store, and I am usually a creature of habit so I don’t know why I changed it up. But as I was walking across the store I checked out how long the line was…. and BAM, this cute guy was the last one standing there. I thought to myself… Hurry up and get that ice cream so I can enjoy some eye candy. Well in my rush I accidentally walked down the wrong freezer aisle, and was like CRAP, get it together. Once in the correct aisle I didn’t think, just grabbed. And I was back in line before the cute guy left. I got to enjoy the sight of him for a about a minute. SCORE!

Peanut Brittle Verdict:

Last weeks discussion was one of wanting a “Holiday” flavor this week. Well since we already did the holiday flavor a few weeks ago I had to think. Then it clicked, in our office we ALWAYS get a box a Peanut Brittle for Christmas from a client. So this was the only flavor that made sense to have today. And guess what showed up today at work? You guessed it…THE PEANUT BRITTLE! Ironic? I think not. But the only reason I knew of this flavor right from the get go was because my cousin Kim had told me about it a few weeks ago after she had the actual Peanut Brittle for the first time.

Peanut Brittle Ice Cream with Peanut Brittle Pieces & a Caramel Swirl

I do enjoy Peanut Brittle, but the DOWN FALL of it all is that I DON’T have self control. Once you have a bite the butter makes it a craving you can’t stop. Then it gets stuck in your teeth so you feel like you need to brush your teeth after. But since I can’t stop eating it, brushing my teeth is pointless until the box is empty. Ok, back to the actual ice cream. I have to say…LOVE this flavor. When I took the first bite I could actually taste the Peanut Brittle pieces and that DAMN butter was still there. Everything about this flavor I enjoyed. The Peanut Brittle Ice cream was mmmm good and once you bit into the Peanut Brittle you just think…Damn this is good. Then I found the caramel…HOME RUN! Who would have thought by just adding caramel it would add the perfect compliment to this sweet treat. Unlike all the other flavors where they believe that chunks are the way to go, this flavor did the opposite. When they say pieces the actually man pieces, PERFECT size.

I do have to say, if you don’t like things too sweet you may not like this flavor. At times it can get a tad sweet, but I enjoy sweet so bring it on.

Score:

No comments: