Friday, November 11, 2011

Mud Pie


I am FULLY aware that I didn’t blog last Friday. I did have a regular flavor, but something was just off so I didn’t write my thoughts on that day. But in the near future we will have a Double Scoop Friday. We won’t be falling behind schedule, don’t worry. But with the “special” flavors I have come across, this journey will pass the original 52-week game plan. But don’t worry all the flavors will be tasted and reviewed.

Mud Pie Verdict:

The memory for this flavor is all too familiar; it’s called…DUBLIN MUDSLIDE!!!
Chocolate & Irish Coffee Liqueur Ice Creams with a Chocolate Cookie Swirl
Does this combination of flavors and ingredients sound familiar? It should and this is why: Irish Cream Liqueur Ice Cream with Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies & a Coffee Fudge Swirl. If you CAN’T find the MINOR differences I can’t help you. I am going to call Mud Pie the younger brother of the more exciting, experienced older brother Dublin Mudslide.

I am now removing myself from the “repeat” flavor and will unfortunately have to compare the two. Where Dublin Mudslide was focused more on the Liqueur, Mudslide is focused more on the Coffee. Not going to lie, I do like this flavor, but I feel like it’s a rip off. I did enjoy the chocolate flavor and the cookie swirl it incorporated, so this flavor wasn’t a complete bust. All together the flavors combination was a treat to my pallet. If you like chocolate, you’ll like this.
After hanging out with both of the brothers I prefer the more mature, experienced one. If you want a calm evening in the slow lane you want to hit up Mud Pie. But if you want a more exciting ride in the fast lane and all over the road I would definitely hit up Dublin Mudslide.

Score:

No comments: