Friday, September 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup



Last night I went into the store with FULL intentions of getting a flavor without chocolate. I read all the descriptions to each flavor and found this one that had no chocolate in the breakdown…. I was about 4 minutes from work this morning when I had a vision…PEANUT BUTTER CUPS HAVE CHOCLATE!!! I so failed in my mission. But the failures didn’t stop there.

Peanut Butter Cup Verdict:

You know when you have too much of something and you get sick of it after a while? Well that is this flavor in the first bite. I had fears that I would feel like a dog when you give them peanut butter…Licking, licking, licking. Damn, I was correct. Where’s my milk?

Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cups

I honestly wish I could blame someone on this flavor…where is Michelle and her bad recommendations when I need her? I love all things Reesee’s…the cups, the pieces and everything in between. This ice cream ISN’T one of them. It’s like the red headed stepchild in the family…you don’t really want to acknowledge it as part of the family, but you don’t have an option.

Where to start? UGH! First, the cups portions are too BIG. They literally took the mini cups, cut them in half and threw them in. While scooping the ice cream, well let me restate that, while attempting to scoop the ice cream I hit ever Gosh Darn cup and couldn’t scoop it. Now for future non-friendly scooping flavors: Don’t get between me and my ice cream, you’re red headed cousin almost got thrown across the kitchen. Okay, now they peanut butter ice cream…just WRONG! Stay in-between my PB&J sandwiches, my celery sticks and cookies…STAY OUT of my ice cream.

This week I have decided to include some commentary from my friend Roni. She eats the ice cream with me and manages my blog… “I guess I should give it a try even though I don’t like peanut butter. I mean this could make me like peanut butter.” * She takes a small bite * “Okay, I still don’t like peanut butter.” I died of laughter, I knew she didn’t like peanut butter, but give her an A for effort.

Score:


No comments: