Friday, December 30, 2011

Chocolate Macadamia


Another week, another flavor! This morning I was on the phone with my buddy Scott when I walked into Vons. As I walked to the ice cream aisle I said, SWEET! They are 2 for $6. Scott then said…. I wouldn’t know if that’s good or not…is it good? Me: Yes, I am getting two. I now have next weeks flavor in the freezer.

Chocolate Macadamia Verdict:

I have to give Roni credit for this line because she said it perfectly…It’s a classic combination of flavors with a macadamia nut added to the mixture. Then she lost all credibility when she said the following….”I’m surprised no one has told you that you need a tan.” Thank you Veronica…I am fully aware I am pale.

Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams with Fudge Covered Macadamia Nuts

Back to what Roni said about the flavor. I agree with her, it’s a mix of a classic flavor with a subtle addition. When I had the first macadamia nut I felt that it was too big for the ice cream. Then the second time around I actually let myself savor the flavor. There was a hint of salt in the macadamia that allowed that great combination of salty and sweet. The chocolate and vanilla ice cream mixed together was a great blend. But then again, a classic is a classic and you can’t miss with a classic. Macadamia nuts are hard to begin with, and they are still hard when bathing in the ice cream. So if you don’t eat macadamia’s alone, don’t eat them in this flavor. They are as hard as you’d think. But that’s what I enjoyed about it. You still got the true flavor and texture of the nut. I could easily just eat the Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, mmmm good. The two mixed together taste just like a Frosty from Wendy’s.

It was very simple this week. Nothing too exciting to go jumping up and down over, but it was a good flavor. I will ALWAYS say this…. Simplicity is sometimes the best.

Score:

No comments: