Friday, August 19, 2011

Chunky Monkey



Well this week I had a mission when I walked into that grocery store…and it was my next victim of the Ben & Jerry’s family. This weeks flavor was recommended from my friend Veronica. And knowing Roni so well, I was a little surprised when she recommended this flavor. To know Roni you would know that she has amazing taste in food and desserts, but her likeness to Banana is VERY limited. Banana, Peanut Butter and lemon all have that love/hate relationship with her.

Chunky Monkey Verdict:

I like all the ingredients in this carton…I like bananas, fudge and walnuts…it’s kind of like an ice cream Sunday in a 1-pint jug. And who doesn’t love the All-American Sunday?

Banana Ice Cream with Fudge Chunks & Walnuts

First, and foremost, I can’t complain about this at ALL. The texture, flavoring and just simplicity of the whole idea was a home run. Banana can sometimes be extremely overwhelming, but the tone of the flavoring was kept to a minimum and it truly tasted like you were eating a banana. And once you added in the fudge chunk and the walnuts, it tasted just like you were eating banana nut bread. And I know banana nut bread; my mom makes amazing banana nut bread. We will sometimes let the bananas get too ripe to eat just so she has to make some. She is a smart woman, I am sure she has caught onto our schemes by now.

If you are looking for a refreshing cold treat on a hot summer night I would recommend going to your local grocery store, walking directly to the freezer section and picking up a carton. But do use caution, all those flavors may spark a little bit of curiosity and you may be walking out with multiple flavors.
Thanks Roni for a great selection this week. And I should have known not to be surprised when you suggested this flavor. After all, you have good taste. But then again, I wouldn’t expect anything less from an amazing baker. I have been fortunate enough to have MANY of her creations over the years, and lets just put it this way…THEY’RE AMAZING.

Score:


No comments: