Friday, February 17, 2012

Bonnaroo Buzz


It’s coming to that time when I have to pick a new grocery store to get my flavors because I am getting limited on my choices at the Vons by my house. The cashier this morning thought I was having Ben & Jerry’s for breakfast. I informed her it was a lunch treat and that I am trying all the flavors. She asked how many there were and I said, so far my list is at 58 and this is my 33rd flavor. She replied… I didn’t know there were that many flavors. I think I have hit the crazy part of the journey….Oh well!

Bonnaroo Buzz Verdict:

I thought I was going to have NO memories of this flavor. Then I took a bite and BAM…memories started flashing back. When I was in Rhode Island last year I was told about this wonderful treat called, Coffee Cabinets from my cousin Dave. Well while I was in Massachusetts with my cousin Jen (his daughter) and her family, they treated me to this magical treat of the coffee cabinet. The mixture of the ice cream tasted JUST like the coffee cabinet I had at this general store that had been there for 100 years+. Well if my memory serves me correct that is. I remember sitting in the general store and my little cousin Luke was sharing his parents, and he was ADDICTED. Even though the name of the “shake” was under debate, Dave won and I will always call it a coffee cabinet.

Coffee & Malt Ice Creams with Whiskey Caramel Swirls & English Toffee Pieces

I have to say that the Coffee & Malt Ice Creams with Whiskey Caramel Swirl would be great just by themselves. You can easily taste the coffee, but it’s not overwhelming. I didn’t taste the whiskey…I am going with the fact they didn’t add enough in the ice cream, and not that I am a alcoholic. The only negative belongs to those English Toffee “Pieces”…. those suckers WERE NOT pieces. Those things were the size of boulders. If they downsized those chunks to pieces, I would be perfectly happy. But then again, if they just removed the toffee pieces I would be even happier.

Even with the one flaw, I am still giving this flavor a full score. Not everything needs to be perfect in order to win me over.

Score:

No comments: