Monday, July 9, 2012

Cake Batter


*Please note: This flavor was tasted and reviewed a few months back. It sat in my archives until today. I have one more flavor that I tasted and reviewed at an earlier time as well. That will be posted soon.

Once again I found myself in the “home freezer” section picking out the flavor of the week. Early in the week my co-worker made me smell one of her lip-glosses that smelt like cake batter. So I found it only appropriate to have cake batter this week.

Cake Batter Verdict:

Thinking of cake batter memories I don’t think I have any. If I can recall on the cake batter craze, I don’t think it hit until my teenage years. When I go to an undisclosed ice cream facility I always get cake batter with brownies and graham crackers crumbs. Yum!

Yellow Cake Batter Ice Cream with a Chocolate Frosting Swirl

Honestly, I was expecting more cake batter flavor than they offered in this pint. I think my opinion of cake batter was based on that undisclosed place. But had I read the description of the flavor before I ate it, I would have been ready. I have to say, even with the surprise, I did enjoy this flavor. You can completely taste the yellow cake and chocolate frosting swirl. The mix of the two made you feel like you were out on a warm summer night eating cake. I think that’s more of the feel they were going for here, and not the actual cake batter. We did a census and all we were missing was a sugar gone. So next week I will be investing in sugar cones for our ice cream pleasures.

If you like yellow cake with chocolate frosting I would recommend this flavor. And look at it like this…You can eat your cake and ice cream and not feel too guilty. It’s a two for one deal. Sign me up!

Score:

No comments: