Thursday, July 21, 2011

Late Night Snack



This week I decided to mix it up and do the tasting on a Thursday. Ok, so I didn’t mix it up on purpose. I did it because I do it at work and my co-workers enjoy the journey with me and they will be gone tomorrow. And I know eating ice cream alone is not like drinking alone, but I just couldn’t do it. So this flavor was recommended to me from my friend Jeanette. She has raved about it before so I thought, she knows the type of guys I like, the food I will and will not eat and what I like to drink, she must now what kind of ice cream I will enjoy too.

Late Night Snack Verdict:

After last weeks debacle of having such high hopes for a flavor I decided not to get so crazy over flavors anymore. Thanks Michelle you have ruined the excitement for me. But don’t think I am letting you off the hook for my plane ticket at Thanksgiving. I may forgive you, but I won’t forget what was already promised to me.

So as I was reading the description I was like….YES…this is going to be good. I like the mix of Salty & Sweet just like I like the mix of Jack & Coke. Then I read chip clusters and I thought, like potato chips? So here I am about to eat this thing they call a chip cluster and I scoop it up and just go for it. I should note that I have texture issues when it comes to food and can’t eat certain foods that I deem as texturally damaging. So I bit into this cluster and all my childhood fears came rushing back to me like it was the first time I ever ate raisins. It was salty (guys get your thoughts OUT of the gutter), is was soggy and just tasted like a stale chip. And once I hit that wall it was over, I just couldn’t wrap my head around the idea that someone thought this salty soggy cluster was a good idea. I say we petition to have the cluster removed from the flavor and all would be well in the world. I am going to call the cluster the appendix of this flavor because it’s just sitting there waiting to burst. And once it bursts we all know you then need to be rushed to the hospital, put in emergency surgery to have it removed then you need to heal. Well I need to heal from the pains that all came back to me from when I was a child and raisins, this is not a good feeling. But if you remove the clusters and just keep the remaining flavors it’s a grand slam.

Score:


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Stale potato chips in my ice cream?!? Dude, I'm glad you braved it and not me! PS. The music on this blog is blowing my spot at work. I'm just busy pretending to work and then all the sudden a screeching loud, "I'll stop the world and melt with you" comes flying out of my cube.